While we have not made any material changes to the way we process data about our users, we have updated this policy to make it easy to read and to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation that came into force on May 25, 2018.
What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly. The information you enter yourself on registration and in your profile on the Edit Profile page of the website. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
- Account Data In order to become a member, you need to create an account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your business name, contact name, email address, business phone, mobile, person who introduced you, password, and assign you a unique account number (“Account Data”).
- Profile Data You can also choose to provide profile information like an image for your business, website link, description of what services you offer, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by members. It can be changed or removed by you at any time.
- Transaction Data If you make purchases from (or sell to) other members, we collect certain data about your purchase such as the amount, date and time of the transaction and record who the counterparties of the transaction are. This is necessary in order to properly account for the transactions that occur on the exchange.
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the Services we collect certain data by automated means, including:
- System Data Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
- Usage Data Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services (“Usage Data”).
- Approximate Geographic Data An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies such as Google Analytics.
How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Silvatree and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics) use server log files and automated data collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (together, “Data Collection Tools”) when you access and use the Services. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System Data and Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1) when you use the Services.
Silvatree uses the following types of cookies:
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience and remember your login details. These are not strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then the service should continue to function.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, or for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your transaction requests and orders for goods and services from other members;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Silvatree;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyse trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
As required or permitted by law; or as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with other members, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Other Members: Your profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other members.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information. We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- During a Change in Control: If Silvatree undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
Silvatree takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Silvatree, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact info@Silvatree.com with any concerns.
You have certain rights to the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update your account profile from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data.
Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the contact page on the website.
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Silvatree collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- To terminate your account, email us at email@example.com or via our Contact Page.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
Updates and Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email with any questions, concerns, or disputes.